Thursday

Investing For Yourself

I know investing for yourself by yourself seems daunting but it is not nearly as difficult as the investerati would have you believe.

The idea of outsourcing the most important decisions you make seems a little crazy to me but I understand that's not what you have been led to believe.

The brokerage industry are the masters of marketing, how else can they convince consumers to buy the exact same product and pay at least double and sometimes 20x as much?

Don't get me wrong, utilizing a financial guy is fine for ideas or hand holding, etc but NOT performance and certainly you need to know what that hand holding is costing you!  Would you believe me if I said that just a 1% fee will cut your account in half over thirty years!

You pump your own gas right?  But you didn't used to, what changed?  Just your perception, the product has always been the same.

Do yourself a favor and read about fees here.  Read what is #1 for stockbrokers.  Read about retirement killers.  Read how investing is like dieting.

No comments:

Post a Comment